Did you know that if you are a UK taxpayer, you can choose to Gift Aid all donations you have made to Sense International in the last four years - and Gift Aid all donations to Sense International in the future too?
Gift Aid is as easy as completing the Gift Aid declaration form online and we at Sense International will do the rest.
It does not cost you a penny more, but it makes a huge difference to the money made available to us to continue with our vital work.
The following example illustrates just how valuable Gift Aid is for us...
For every £1 you give, we can claim an extra 25p.
That really can make a difference!
So, with a valid Gift Aid declaration, a donation of £10 is worth £12.50 to Sense International!
What's more, if you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you can include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.
So please make your gifts worth so much more to deafblind children and adults by simply ticking the relevant Gift Aid declaration box on your donation form or download our Gift Aid declaration form or complete the form online.
About Gift Aid
- To be eligible for Gift Aid you must have paid or will pay an amount of Income Tax and / or Capital Gains Tax for each tax year (6 April to 5 April) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that all the charities you donate to will reclaim on your gifts for that tax year. Taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify.
- Sense International will reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 that you donate.
- You only need to make one declaration, this will cover all your donations to Sense International in the last four years and in the future, until you notify us otherwise.
- I understand that if I pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all my donations in that tax year it is my responsibility to pay any difference
- Sense International must have a current record of your name (including title and first name or initials), HOME address and postcode in order for us to reclaim tax on your donations. Only Sense International and the Inland Revenue will have access to this information.
- You must notify us if your circumstances change and you no longer pay an amount of tax equal to the amount we reclaim on your donations, or if you change your name or address.
- Gift Aid cannot be applied to donations made through charity vouchers as these gifts are already tax effective.
- Payments to Sense International in return for services or goods are not considered to be donations and so are not eligible for Gift Aid.
- You may cancel this declaration at any time by notifying us.
- If you are unsure whether your donations qualify for Gift Aid or have any questions on this matter, please either contact us or visit the HMRC website and search for Gift Aid.
How to contact us
Please notify our Supporter Services team at Sense International if you:
- want to cancel this declaration
- change your name or home address
- no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains
Supporter Services team
101 Pentonville Road
London N1 9LG
Tel: +44 (0)20 7014 9304
Textphone: +44 (0)20 7014 9339
First published: Friday 23 August 2013
Last updated: Monday 25 November 2019