Global Disability Summit Commitments
Sense International commits to:
- Supporting OPDs with capacity strengthening.
- Strengthening education systems to include people with deafblindness, including training for teachers, promoting teaching and learning materials and methods for people with deafblindness, and provision of assistive technology.
- Promoting inclusion of people with deafblindness in vocational training.
- Supporting people with deafblindness to establish and run small enterprises.
- Strengthening health systems to offer children vision and hearing screening and early intervention.
Our commitments will contribute to reducing discrimination and stigmatisation of people with deafblindness.
We hope to see strong commitments to change from world leaders at this year’s Global Disability Summit with concrete plans for follow through and delivery.